Platypus Cheer

Do you ever stop and think that God has a personality? To be correct, He has something more personal that personality. Something that makes each one of us look like stick figures on a kindergarten chalk board. There are times when I feel it distinctly. This weekend, He's trying to cheer me up. Imagine that... The God of the universe bothering about my setbacks and cares....

My fiance just happens to be online much later than she planned when I need to talk to her.
My friend gives me a call and wants to hang out just when I could use a friend.
I find a miniature I've been wanting for some time now and I finally have a little money in my pocket to buy it.
My roommate comes home with the complete Goofy cartoons after a day spent doing re-writes and damage assessment on my thesis.
The sermon at church could have been tailor made for me.
I have lunch with another friend and we both get coupons for a whole meal extra cheap at one of my favorite restaurants.
I get to catch up on B5 season 4, a favorite show.
I have a good work out at the gym and a walk with a cigar followed by a shower and a cup of ice cream.

And even though I'll be spending the next month patching up my thesis to resubmit before finals week, it's been a good weekend and I feel better.

Comments

Gabe Moothart said…
I'm glad you're feeling better, Jim. I've been praying for you.
James said…
Thanks! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

The Platypus Reads Part XXVII