Dude, It's Like My Brain Barfed All Over the Page: The Platypus Reads Part LXVII

In a series like "Hellboy," volume 9 just has to be significant.  In this case, Mike Mignola doesn't disappoint.  "The Wild Hunt" has to be the strongest in the series to date, uping even the soulful "Strange Places" and eerie "Darkness Calls."  After holding off for over a decade, Mignola finally taps into one of the richest wells in world folklore: the Arthurian Legends.  In case you haven't read it yet, I'll spare you any further details.  All I can say is "dude, it's like my brain barfed into a comic book!"

Comments

Joi said…
Isn't it amazing??? I kept freaking out while reading it, thinking "Oh my gosh, he's bringing THAT in?? WHOA!!"
James said…
Yeah. I think "kept freaking out" is the best wat to put it. There was a lot of pay-off in this episode. I'm still extatic over his choice of villian (a personal favourite).
Joi said…
So much good stuff in there. I now need to re-read the whole series, just because SO MUCH of it paid off in this volume.

Guess it's time to go ahead and buy those hardcover collections...

Popular posts from this blog

The Platypus Reads Part XXVII

SNES as Money Well Spent: Platypus Nostalgia