Creative Platypus Marches On

I'm well into the second draft of my Charles Williams meets John Knowles writing project.  Helping me along the way has been Maas' "Writing the Breakout Novel."  It's a fun read, and I've enjoyed the chance to think systematically about literary production.  We'll see how far this latest venture goes.

In the meantime, I'm trying to find a new working title for the project.  So far, it's just been labeled "House Book."  I've been kicking around ideas that are a little more inspiring, such as "The Corpse House."  That sounds like it would sell.

On the back-burner are a series of plays including: a supernatural thriller set in late 19th century Connecticut called "The Conqueror Worm," a murder mystery set in Weimar Germany called "Mack the Knife," and a satire on life as an over-educated 20-something called "Who's Afraid of Walter Whitman."  Did I mention some of this is REALLY back-burner?  While I'm at it, I think "Thus Spoke Utnapishtim" is also due for a little revision and expansion.

A month and a half to go... 

Comments

Joi said…
I would love to see you complete "The Conqueror Worm"--the synopsis I heard was fantastic! Plus, that would be freakishly fun to stage.
Ignoratus said…
And Utnapishtim is definitely worth more time :-) ever since I read Nietzsche, I love it.
James said…
Joi, yeah, I'm itching to get that one written. If I ever do, I'll have to see if I can drum up support for it in Alumni Theater.

Ignoratus, I'm glad you liked it. I had fun writing "Utnapishtim." What Nietzshe did they have you read?

Popular posts from this blog

The Platypus Reads Part XXVII

SNES as Money Well Spent: Platypus Nostalgia