A Very Strange Christmas: The Platypus Reads Part LXXXVII

I recently had the pleasure of reading "Scrooge and Santa," a graphic novel written by Matthew Wilson and illustrated by Josh Kenfield.  The story of how a descendant of Ebenezer Scrooge kidnaps Santa is about as quirky as it can get and the perfect concept for artist Josh Kenfield to run wild with.  I have known Josh since college, and it is truly a treat to see him handle a story that is so congenial to his strange and vivid imagination.  The illustrations seem to inhabit a bizarre territory somewhere between Tolkien's "Father Christmas Letters" and Jim Henson's Muppets.  The plot also does not disapoint with an ending that was refreshingly honest and bucked the normal holiday story cliches.  If you know Kenfield's work, or are just looking for something fresh and different, you need to pick up a copy of "Scrooge and Santa".

Comments

Jacob Mobley said…
Hi, this is Jacob Mobley. I'm unsure if you remember me. Is there another way I can reach you and your wife?
Jacob Mobley said…
My email is at jnmobley@gmail.com.

Popular posts from this blog

The Platypus Reads Part XXVII