September: Creative Platypus

September

September is
The Legend of Zelda
Link running through the forest
Shield in hand
A spreading oak tree
A cave
Broken memories
and the effort that goes into forgetting

If I forget thee oh Jerusalem
May my tongue be cut out
May my right hand lose its skill

The white girls sat in a row of
Deracinated messy buns
And drank the PSLs
Which they purchased with their souls
Paltry things
Worn white in women's work
Handed down by a post-war committee

Oh you cannot buy a soul
Not at Target or at Walmart
Though you took a trip to Selma
Or you stood at Standing Rock

I stood upon the rock
I stood upon the rock
But the memories slipped
Through my hands
And shattered

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Platypus Reads Part XXVII

SNES as Money Well Spent: Platypus Nostalgia