Hill House (Cont): Film Platypus

My wife and I are reading Shirley Jackson's "The Haunting of Hill House" in preparation for eventually watching the Netflix TV series together. This is my second time through the book, and I am seeing more of the thousand links between the sparse and controlled world of the book and the sweeping scope of the series. Even though Flanagan radically changed the book in adapting it, it is clear that he knows his source cover to cover and has a fine appreciation of even the smallest details. I would love to see an adaptation theory class discuss the book and the series.

In the meantime, my own horror offering was rejected, but once things settle down a little here I will have to try again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Platypus Reads Part XXVII

SNES as Money Well Spent: Platypus Nostalgia