The Post-Modern Platypus

"I think, therefore I am". -Descartes

Hume kant locke descartes, he doesn't have the key!

"Sophisticated Age of Scorn" I found that term on the dustcover jacket of a G.K. Chesterton book. We live in an age where intellect is displayed not through construction, but destruction. It is an age of decoding, debunking, demystifying. In spite of our towering technological achievements, the overall tenor of our times remains one of negation. "I can't be taken-in". "I won't be made a fool of". "I can see the man behind the curtain". And so our circle shrinks, our beliefs shrink, our world shrinks until we can be bounded in a nutshell and count ourselves kings of infinite space; and if we have bad dreams, we prefer them because at least they're as cynical and morbid as we are. Such is the true road to nausea: that thought which stops all thought.

"Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage". What you say is true, but the cage is of your own making.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Platypus Reads Part XXVII