Seasonal Platypus

Seasons...
Life moves in seasons.

I was reminded of this when a friend that I hadn't seen in a while asked what I was up to. What was I up to? A year ago, I was finishing my first semester in grad school, burrie under a mass of paper work and trying feverishly to keep pace. Two years ago? I was in my last semester of college and my grandparents were getting ready to fly out for my graduation. I hadn't seen them in almost five years. Now? I'm in the middle of my master's thesis and working on the final preparations for a trip to Africa this December.

Life moves in seasons.

Now is a season of furious activity. It's a time for putting a life together. Childhood is wrapped up and adulthood is working into full swing. There are career moves to be made. There are finances to be husbanded and calculated with an eye to a future life. It's a time of appartment living and bachelor parties. There are roomates and communal bills.

Life moves in seasons.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."

Comments

Gabe Moothart said…
There are finances to be husbanded

When I read this at first, I thought it said "There are fiánces to be husbanded" :-)

I'm praying for you and Sharon.
James said…
Thanks. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

The Platypus Reads Part XXVII

SNES as Money Well Spent: Platypus Nostalgia