The Return of "Thus Spoke the Platypus" Part IV

Now this is the song of Utnapishtim that he sang at the rising of the sun between the mountain and the lake:

Out of the past does Wisdom speak, and out of the wasteland does it sing!
Seek ye the ancient way, for daylight is coming and will show the path.
O leave man's city and go out with anxious feet, for Wisdom comes with the dayspring.
The font of all our yesterdays, the font of our tomorrows: out of the same ocean
do they spring!
Now Utnapishtim will take a wife and father children,
For the Hope of men will come!
O that Wisdom would become a Man and speak with me!
For I love you, O Wisdom.
For I love you, O Wisdom.

Utnapishtim does not crown himself. Nay! He will fling his crown away!
For what can compare with Wisdom, who possesses us, and not we Wisdom?
Utnapishtim makes his crown an offering though it is but a paltry thing.
A coronet made all of thistles and water rushes, with faded water lilies!
Now Utnapishtim will take a wife and father children,
For the Hope of men will come!
O that Wisdom would become a Man and speak with me!
For I love you, O Wisdom.
For I love you, O Wisdom.

Join me in my merry dance! To the city of man return, in the train of holy Wisdom!
Love Life, for Life is stronger than death. Love Love, for Love is stronger than the grave.
Oh Life, and death, and Love, and grave, we bring you into our city.
In the train of holy Wisdom each has as much good as each can hold!
Now Utnapishtim will take a wife and father children,
For the Hope of men will come!
O that Wisdom would become a Man and speak with me!
For I love you, O Wisdom.
For I love you, O Wisdom.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Platypus Reads Part XXVII

SNES as Money Well Spent: Platypus Nostalgia