Iconic Images: Platypus Nostalgia

I found this image over at the Nintendo website celebrating the 25 year anniversary of "The Legend of Zelda."  There's something about it that really captures the soul of the series: that perfect mix of Tolkien and Tom Sawyer.

Truth be told, I'm not sure where this string of posts on the series has come from.  I don't think I've played a Zelda game in a couple years at least.  Maybe it's been more like three or four.  SquareEnix and Blizzard have had most of my attention for a while now.  Maybe that means the time to return to Hyrule is rolling round again.  Maybe it just means I'm getting old and nostalgic.  There is something about this picture that takes me back to age twelve or thirteen and warm summer days spent in the shadow of the woods.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Platypus Reads Part XXVII

SNES as Money Well Spent: Platypus Nostalgia