Ghosts: Creative Platypus

Ghosts

I believe in ghosts;
Banquo appears at
my dinner parties.
He smiles, lips and throat.
I didn't kill him, and
knowing who did makes
little difference.

Do you miss the dead?
They are all around us.
Half of those who ever lived
are dead, while the half
that live are always dying.

I loved the dead from an
early age. Their houses
are like home to me. I'd
pick a tombstone in New Haven
sooner than a condo in L.A.
My vacations are in cemeteries.

Why do I disclose to you
what will not make a difference?
You know the place where
You are going and I fear it
as much as you.

Maybe there is some hope
in strangeness that is shown.
We need not all be like Macbeth
and think that thoughts of Death
betray a guilty conscience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Platypus Reads Part XXVII

SNES as Money Well Spent: Platypus Nostalgia