Platypus For the Masses

In the interest of appeasing the masses I think I have come up with a thought. I just saw "Naussicaa of the Valley of the Winds". It's an anime by the creator of "Princess Mononoke", "Spirited Away" and "Grave of the Fireflies"; all of which I've seen and highly enjoy. I have to say that I enjoyed "Naussicaa" as well. It's a great post-apocalyptic high fantasy in classic Miyazaki style. The evil queen and her flunky are reminiscent of Lady Eboshi from "Mononoke" and Naussicaa has much in common with "San". Still, "Naussicaa" isn't merely a re-cycle of "Mononoke". Of particular interest is the very strong Persian aesthetic. The man in blue appears almost as a sort of Ahura-Mazda or a Magi from the Achaemenid tombs (Sorry, won't attempt to correctly spell the place name). If you've got time, this one is worth it. The film clocks in at just under two hours. It's not fast-paced, but I wouldn't call it slow-moving either. That's all for tonight. Remember: The Platypus Speaks Truth.

Comments

K-W said…
I don't know, my friend. Platypi are rather devious creatures.

Harken, rather, to the wisdom of the duck. The duck, who inspired one of the greatest schools of philosophy. Its quack has guided the thinking of kings and prelates through history...
James said…
Here now! We'll have none of that on this sight! Canardism's fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend are all that's left of their philosophy.

Popular posts from this blog

The Platypus Reads Part XXVII

SNES as Money Well Spent: Platypus Nostalgia