Illuminated Bulletin (Cont.): Creative Platypus

Here is this week's attempt at beautifying the church bulletin. I like the cosmic feel that the little ring planets add. It makes the diamonds in the lower panel look more like stars hovering over the sea. I've tried some other experiments with calligraphic dragons in pencil, so we'll see if I can turn out one that I really like. If so, I'll post it here.

Meanwhile, my grad apps are going forward and should be all in by the end of the month (Princeton, U of Chicago, Stanford, U of Washington Seattle, Indiana U Bloomington). Language study goes forward at the same pace as well as art history and archeology. Right now, however, there's still time to doodle. We'll see what's happening this time next year...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Platypus Reads Part XXVII

SNES as Money Well Spent: Platypus Nostalgia