Life in Film: Film Platypus

I paint my life in bricolage of Autumn Leaves

My high school art teacher always told us: "art is with your eye, not with your hand." In other words, Art is a way of seeing the world. It draws our attention to things we don't normally take the time to see -or even know how to see until an expert shows us. Where we grow up and what our life's experiences are color how we see any given piece of art, but it works the other way as well. What pieces of art we've seen color how we see our lives. I've been watching all sorts of autumnal fare this Autumn season and it helps me narrativize my life while also being narrativized by the life experiences I bring to it. That said, I've been feeling lately that if my life could be narrativized in film it would be Over the Garden Wall, followed by Dead Poets' Society, shading into Netflix's The Haunting of Hill House. There are, of course, other ways to spin it, but that's how I feel right now. What about you? If your life was a weekend of cinema, what pieces would you pick?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Platypus Reads Part XXVII

SNES as Money Well Spent: Platypus Nostalgia